Cocamidapropyl Betaine (CAPB) is a mild, 100% coconut-based surfactant. With excellent wetting properties and foam stability it is a big player in bubble bath, shampoo, cleansers, shower gels, hand soaps and body washes. More and more people are adding Cocamidapropyl Betain to solid bubble bath bars.
INCI: Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Note: Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Coca-Betaine are different chemicals.
- Coco-Betaine is a natural surfactant that can be used in organic formulations as long as it has been manufactured in an acceptable way, it contains no ‘synthetics’.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) is always produced via a synthetic process although the coco part and the betaine part are natural.
- Coco-Betaine is more natural but it is also more irritating.
- Coco-Betaine is harder to track down than Cocamidopropyl Betaine.
- Both are surfactants.
- Both can be used in shampoos, body wash and other cleansing formulations.