The Goat's Milk & Oatmeal Kits. Regular, Deluxe or Premium. Kits makes over 3 pounds of luxurious handmade soap. the base of this kit is the Shea Butter Kit. This is our most popular kit and is always available. The shea butter is organic.
- Shea Butter is high in stearic and oleic acids, which will produce a long-lasting hard soap with a stable conditioning lather. Shea Butter is known for its moisturizing and emollient properties. Rich in vitamins A, E and F and fatty acids, it leaves a smooth, satiny finish.
- Coconut oil helps to produce a bar of soap that has excellent cleaning properties and the desirable fluffy bubbly factor.
- Palm oil makes soap harder bar with more bubbles and creamy texture.
- Lard and tallow give soap firmness and contribute to a stable lather.
- Canola gives soap a nice, low, creamy lather and is moisturizing.
- Castor oil added to a soap recipe results in a stable lather that is low, dense, and creamy. Castor adds moisturizing qualities to soap. We add Castor oil to every cold process soap we make!
Goat’s Milk Soap contains:
- many vitamins and other essential elements to nourish the skin
- milk proteins which help to kill acne-producing bacteria
- caprylic acid (an alkaline) which makes the product's pH level closer to the human skin
- gives a beautiful lather, prevents dryness and allows nutrients into the skin
- Finely ground oatmeal is a natural exfoliant gentle enough to use every day. By exfoliating dead skin cells, the soap will unclog your pores and improve the texture and appearance of your skin. Removing accumulated dead skin also allows moisture to penetrate deeper layers of the skin, which combats dry skin and prevents premature aging.
- Oatmeal soothes skin irritation and itchy rashes, such as those that occur with contact dermatitis, eczema, and poison ivy. It also helps relieve sunburn pain when used in the bath or applied directly to burned skin. Colloidal oatmeal controls itching by restoring moisture to the stratum corneum layer of the skin. Add oatmeal to bathwater to relieve itching from chicken pox.
- Oatmeal soap is beneficial for anyone with oily or acne-prone skin, as the oatmeal absorbs oil without over-drying. Oatmeal has astringent properties and helps draw oil out of the skin. Using oatmeal soap can restore the skin's natural pH and will not interfere with the effectiveness
All kits come with the oil blend, the exact amount of lye, Oatmeal to make 2 batches and powdered goat's milk to make 2 batches, the recipe to be used freely with no copyright, and a comprehensive manual.
The Deluxe Kit includes 3 colors and one fragrance of choice. Be sure to put your color choices and your fragrance in the notes.
The Premium Kit includes 3 colors and one fragrance of choice. Be sure to put these in the notes. It also comes with the Wixy Soap Green Silicone Mold.
Note:L The Silicone mold holds 2.5 pounds so you will have more than 1/2 pound extra to fill smaller molds.